PSEG Long Island
New York utility customers supporting clean, renewable energy
PSEG Long Island customers can choose green power. This electricity is made using cleaner, renewable energy from wind and water sources. Sterling Planet has teamed with PSEG LI through its Green Choice voluntary program to offer Sterling NY Choice™. Priced at 2.5¢ per kWh – or as little as 20¢ more per day for the average PSEG LI household – our blend consists of new wind and small hydro.
|Sterling NY Choice™ Content||% of Mix|
|New York Wind & Small Hydro||100%|
PSEG LI Label
PSEG LI Terms
By joining a Green Choice program, you are:
- Clearing the air, offsetting carbon dioxide emissions from regular power plants
- Conserving fossil fuels – oil, coal, and natural gas – that are nonrenewable
- Boosting energy diversity and sustainability
- Buying new wind, and small hydro from New York State generators
- Supporting New York and local economies
- Developing New York’s renewable energy market
Here’s how it works:
- You stay with PSEG Long Island, enrolling in the utility’s green program.
- You decide whether you would like to sign up to offset 50% or 100% of monthly usage.
- PSEG Long Island handles billing. A separate line item showing your enrollment will appear on your monthly electric bill.
- Change or cancel your enrollment at any time.
How will I be billed?
After signing up with Sterling Planet, you will see an additional charge of 2.5¢ per kilowatt-hour (kWh) on your electric bill. You will never receive an extra statement.
Does my purchase mean I’m using renewable energy to power my home or business?
Not directly. Your purchase guarantees that clean, renewable energy is being placed on the electric grid, raising the percentage of renewable energy used overall.
- The table below shows how much you’ll pay at various electricity usage and signup levels. You can upgrade to cleaner renewable electricity from regional sources – and do your part for the environment, for energy security and independence, and for sustainability.
|Monthly Usage||Signup Level||Monthly kWh||Monthly Fee|
|400 kWh||100%||400|| $10.00
|500 kWh *||100%||500||$12.50
- *Average PSEG LI residential customer uses 500 kilowatt hours per month.